Most of the contractors who specialise in recycling construction and demolition materials in Western Australia will negotiate removal logistics and prices for materials with you so that solutions are tailored to your project.
- Enquire about different costs for any separated waste.
- Ensure that at all times collectors implement litter management controls like covering their loads during collection, handling and transportation of materials.
- Ask recycling companies for details of their recycling statistics. In this way you can see how much effort that they actually put into recycling and diverting waste from landfill. Recycling companies use percentage of residual to landfill as a KPI. Ask about offsite recycling procedures and facilities – you may be able to access reports.
- Consider visiting the recycling facility.
- Return packaging to supplier, especially pallets (refunds sometimes apply).
Use the search function adjacent to find a contractor. A list of contractors is contained in the waste management guide that can be downloaded under publications.