The Department of Treasury and Finance oversees Tenders WA, which commenced from March 2009. The system replaced Gem Tendering, also known as the Contracting Information Bulleting Board, as the central online source of information on Western Australian public sector tenders and awarded contracts.
Key functionality enhancements to the previous system include:
· Automatic email notification of new tenders
· Increased capacity for electronic tender lodgement
· Improved tender and contract search functionality
· Automatic email notification alerting recorded document recipients of an addendum
· Increase in document file upload/download size
· New system based communication channels – Ask a Question and Forum