Repair of damaged items and give early attention to repairs can prevent more serious damage to your property.
Fix these things early:
- Repair and/or paint outdoor furniture;
- Check for leaking taps and replace washers immediately;
- Have inside painting and decorating done;
- In bushfire hazard areas check that your garden hose is sound and remains connected to the tap nearest the most obvious hazard — in hazardous areas you should keep a few buckets of sand and water handy;
- Check underfloor ventilation and for pests in the underfloor spaces and check for leaking plumbing; and
- Check roof tiling and pointing to ridge tiles.