This is the simplest form of maintenance. Besides giving a bright appearance, cleaning can prevent build up of moulds and can stop moisture being trapped which can cause rust or rot, check such things as:
- Clean guttering as necessary to remove leaves, mud and other foreign matters;
- Remove rubbish accumulating close to walls;
- Check that petrol and other flammable liquids are stored in a well ventilated area as far from the main portion of the house as possible, out of reach of children and pets and away from electric motors;
- Clean aluminium window and door frames;
- Clean insect screens, check for damage and replace mesh if necessary;
- Check for any increase in bushfire hazard through growth or accumulation of rubbish and remove the hazard.