WHAT IS AN ‘OFFICER’ UNDER THE NEW WHS LAWS?
The new industrial manslaughter laws capture all employers and their officers, with significant monetary penalties and jail time for offences and no insurance available. This session will assist you in understanding the term ‘Officer’ under the New WHS laws and who in your business will be considered as the Officer.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Significant implications for health and safety management in the building industry of the Work Health and Safety Act 2020 (WA).
- Understanding of the term ‘officer’ under Work Health and Safety Act 2020 (WA).
- Understanding and ability to identify ‘officer’ roles within their organisation and know to seek advice for clarification.
- Understanding what an ‘officer’ practically needs to do in exercising ‘due diligence’ to fulfil their health and safety duties.
- Awareness of the offence categories and significant penalties that apply to duty failures.
A Master Builders Certificate of Attendance will be awarded.
DATES: Please contact your local office for upcoming dates.
DURATION: 2 hours
The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
*Prices subject to change. ^Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available for eligible course participants.