SUPERVISE ASBESTOS REMOVAL INCLUDING REMOVE NON-FRIABLE ASBESTOS
This course prepares participants for the Supervision of Asbestos Removal and the removal of asbestos containing material, by providing individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to safely plan for, prepare a site, supervise personnel, and carry out asbestos work involving non-friable (bonded) asbestos-containing material. This course is suitable for individuals working as an asbestos removalist, in the telecommunications, NBN, construction, demolition, trenching, fencing and similarly related industries. This course is suitable for persons removing more than 10 square metres of bonded asbestos in a workplace.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course is based on the requirements outlined in the Regulations, Code of Practice, National Standards and includes:
- Legislative framework
- Types, uses and sizes of asbestos
- Plan for, prepare and isolate a site for the removal of asbestos
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for non-friable (bonded) asbestos removal
- Supervise the asbestos removalist and licensed asbestos assessor
- Oversee the asbestos removal and decontamination process
- Supervise and support team members
- Risk management
- Preparing a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
- Procedures for removal and disposal of non-friable (bonded) asbestos
A Statement of Attainment will be awarded by the nominated Registered Training Organisation (RTO) as indicated below upon successful completion of course assessment requirements.
DATES: Please contact your local office for upcoming dates.
DURATION: 16 hours
The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
*Prices subject to change. ^Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available for eligible course participants.