PROVIDE BASIC EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- D.R.S.A.B.C.D. action plan
- Principles of first aid and chain of survival
- Legal issues and infection control
- Basic anatomy and physiology considerations in provision of first aid
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Asthma and chest pain
- CPR: 4 minutes of uninterrupted
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the floor
- Use of an automated external defibrillator
- Severe allergic and anaphylactic reactions
- Severe bleeding and shock
- Stress management awareness
A Statement of Attainment will be awarded by the issuing Registered Training Organisation (RTO) as indicated below upon successful completion of course assessment requirements.
DATES: Please contact your local office for upcoming dates.
DURATION: 8 hours
*Prices subject to change. ^Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available for eligible course participants.