HEALTH & SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil their role as a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) in Western Australia. Master Builders is a WorkSafe WA (DMIRS) approved provider of this course, which is compliant under the Work Health and Safety Act 2020.
HSRs in Western Australia are entitled to attend this WorkSafe WA approved five day training course within three months of making a request for such training to their PCBU (Person conducting a business or undertaking). Employers are required to allow the Health & Safety Rep to take time off work to attend this training
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The key areas covered by the Healthy and Safety Representative course includes:
- Overview of the WHS legislative framework
- Duties of various parties
- Key WHS terminology
- The role of WorkSafe WA and penalties for non‐compliance
- Requirements and mechanisms for consultation in the workplace on work health and safety issues
- The role, entitlements and protections available for HSRs and Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- Resolving workplace health and safety issues through negotiation and conflict resolution
- Identifying hazards and ways in which they can be eliminated or minimised Incident notification and investigation
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Special needs groups are welcome to attend this course. Students who disclose language, literacy or other disabilities, will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and will be interviewed by the Trainer/Assessor to establish the most appropriate support mechanisms. Course delivery and content does not assume gender, ethnicity or language skills.
On completion of the course, students will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
DATES: Please contact your local office for upcoming dates.
DURATION: 5 Days
*Prices subject to change. ^Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available for eligible course participants.