This awareness course will give participants an understanding of the risks involved when working and dealing with Asbestos. Asbestos Awareness training educates candidates of the hazards and risks associated with asbestos fibres. Learners will learn how to identify asbestos containing material (ACM), the appropriate risk control measures including appropriate PPE types and knowledge on management and disposal of ACM.
This course is useful for the workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers), electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers, emergency services workers, building and construction workers, handypersons, home renovators, councils and utilities service providers.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The course will cover:
- Identifying likely asbestos containing material
- Understanding what asbestos is and where is it has commonly been used
- Understanding the health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Understanding of relevant OHS/WHS legislation that applies to asbestos
- Understanding license requirements for removing asbestos
- Understanding the safety requirements
A Master Builders Certificate of Attendance will be awarded.
DATES: Please contact your local office for upcoming dates.
DURATION: 3 hours