CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
This course will provide skills and knowledge participants with the ability to determine the SWL of gear and materials; select, maintain and inspect fibre ropes, chains, steel and wire ropes; perform splicing techniques and demonstrate a number of bends and hitches; sling, move and place loads; directing cranes.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Duty of care requirements, relevant sections of the OHS Regulations and Australian Standards
- Splice and whip fibre ropes
- Plan jobs safely
- Inspect and safely use, chains, soft slings, FSWR
- Understand Safe Working Loads
- Understand correct stacking and unloading
- Recognise different types of cranes, how they operate, correct setting up of most cranes, and descriptions
- Calculate areas and weights of loads
- Recognise and use load handling accessories
- Understand requirements and use of PPE
- Correctly sling loads. Selection and care of slings
A Statement of Attainment will be awarded by the issuing Registered Training Organisation (RTO) as indicated below upon successful completion of course assessment requirements.
DATES: 19-22, 26-29 July, 16-20 Aug;
LOCATION: Bibra Lake
ISSUING RTO:STES (RTO 50091)
DATES: 10-13 Aug, 12-15 Oct;
DURATION: 4 days
ISSUING RTO: South Regional Tafe (RTO 25790)
DATES: 26-30 July, 6-10, 20-24 Sept;
DURATION: 5 Days
ISSUING RTO: NARA (RTO 4518)
DATES: 12-15 July;
DURATION: 4 Days
ISSUING RTO: MWST
*Prices subject to change. ^Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available for eligible course participants.