TIMBER FRAMING CODE
This course has been developed to provide participants with an understanding of the requirements of AS1684 for floor, wall and roof framing.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course will provide you with a better understanding on:
- Relevant provisions of the Building Codes of Australia and Australian Standards for Residential timber-framed construction (specifically non-cyclonic areas for residential buildings).
- Excludes special design considerations for cyclonic areas.
- Basic review of applicable BCA provisions, including interpretation, definitions and building classifications.
- Reviews specific BCA provisions for –
– Part 3.1.3 Termite Risk Management
– Part 3.4 Framing
– Part 3.10.1 High Wind Areas
- Reviews AS 1684.2 – 2010 Residential Timber-Framed Construction Part 2 Non-Cyclonic Areas.
- Compares AS 1684.4 – 2010 Residential Timber-Framed Construction Part 4 Simplified – Non-Cyclonic Areas.
- Considers the impact of and risk management for European Borer in Western Australia.
A Master Builders Certificate of Attendance will be awarded.
DATES: Please contact your local office for upcoming dates.
DURATION: 3 hours
*Prices subject to change. ^Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available for eligible course participants.