Building with Light Gauge Steel
This course aims at the development of construction skills and technical know-how using Light Gauge Steel (LGS). Knowledge and skills to be developed through this course. Builders & Project Managers; Carpenters; Certifiers; Follow-On Trades such as Bricklayers will be the ones who will benefit from this course.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge including:
- Fundamentals of Working with Steel Framing including WHS (NCC, NASH Standard Part 2, Technical Bulletin 34, NASH Handbooks)
- Accessories, Tools, Fastenings and Frame Fixing
- Trouble Shooting and Modifications on Site – LGS Builds
- Compliance requirements including Jurisdictional Requirements and Customisation – Australian States & Territories
- Confidently work with, oversee and manage building projects using Steel Framing
- Identify and apply relevant standards and building compliance to LGS construction projects
- Recognise sameness and difference of working with LGS in residential and low-rise commercial construction
- Apply carpentry skills and knowledge to the specific context and requirements of LGS builds to develop personal carpentry trade skills and practice.
A practical session will be a part of this course to ensure development of practical skills in LGS frame construction.
DATES: Contact Perth for course details.
DURATION: 8 hours
LOCATION: West Perth
*Prices subject to change. ^Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available for eligible course participants.