Building with Light Gauge Steel
This course aims at the development of construction skills and technical know-how using Light Gauge Steel (LGS). Knowledge and skills to be developed through this course. Builders & Project Managers; Carpenters; Certifiers; Follow-On Trades such as Bricklayers will be the ones who will benefit from this course.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge including:
- Fundamentals of Working with Steel Framing including WHS (NCC, NASH Standard Part 2, Technical Bulletin 34, NASH Handbooks)
- Accessories, Tools, Fastenings and Frame Fixing
- Trouble Shooting and Modifications on Site – LGS Builds
- Compliance requirements including Jurisdictional Requirements and Customisation – Australian States & Territories
- Confidently work with, oversee and manage building projects using Steel Framing
- Identify and apply relevant standards and building compliance to LGS construction projects
- Recognise sameness and difference of working with LGS in residential and low-rise commercial construction
- Apply carpentry skills and knowledge to the specific context and requirements of LGS builds to develop personal carpentry trade skills and practice.
A practical session will be a part of this course to ensure development of practical skills in LGS frame construction.
DATES: Please contact your local office for upcoming dates.
DURATION: 8 hours
The CTF provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the CTF in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
*Prices subject to change. ^Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy available for eligible course participants.