SAFETY AND HEALTH REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING
All elected safety and health representatives should attend an accredited introductory course within 12 months of being elected. This course has been designed for all elected safety and health representatives to understand and exercise their powers effectively. The course is accredited by the Commission for Occupational Safety and Health to provide the training.
This course aims to enable and enhance the elected Safety and Health Representative’s knowledge and skills to effectively represent their fellow employees in matters relating to OSH in the workplace and carry out their functions and statutory duties in the workplace.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of legislation in the role of a Safety and Health Representative
- Identify and locate information from a variety of sources
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend control methods
- Conduct an effective inspection of their workplace
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace illness/ injuries and accidents
- Communicate on safety and health matters and represent employees
- Describe the functions, make up and roles of a Safety and Health Committee
- Resolve conflict and issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) when appropriate
DATES: 19 Nov
DURATION: 5 days
LOCATION: West Perth
ISSUING PROVIDER: Master Builders WA
DATES: Contact Albany for course details.
DATES: Contact Bunbury for course details.
DATES: Contact Geraldton for course details.