THE LAW IN CONSTRUCTION
The one stop shop on all the major contractual and legal issues particular to the construction industry – a one day investment for a career-long return.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The Tender Process – The way most contracts are negotiated and formed. Understand how the process works, manage risk and reward and form effective contracts.
- Delay and Disruption – Possibly one of the most complex and fought over issues in the construction industry, This session looks at common contractual provisions and recent legal developments relevant to claims for delay and disruption.
- Risk, Liability and Insurance – This session looks at the allocation of risk and liability through contract provisions and how insurance fits into the picture.
- Personal Properties Security Act – Every contractor that places goods or equipment on property controlled by others must pay attention. Registration of those goods or equipment is essential if you want to protect them from acquisition by other creditors.
- Good Faith in Contracting – There is no obligation of good faith in contracting, so how does the law deal with people prepared to use sharp practices? We look at the laws of unilateral mistake, misrepresentation and unconscionability.
- Getting Paid – Building is one thing – getting paid for it is another. What to do when they don’t pay.
- Building Services Legislation – The new building services legislation covers: –
1. Dispute Resolution through the Building Commission and State Admin Tribunal;
2. The new builder’s registration system; and
3. New procedures for building permits and certifications.
A Master Builders Certificate of Attendance will be awarded.
DATES: Contact Perth.
DURATION: 1 Day
LOCATION: West Perth
DATES: Contact Albany for course details.
DATES: Contact Bunbury for course details.
DATES: Contact Geraldton for course details.