COMMON CONSTRUCTION CLAIMS AND GETTING PAID
One of the most critical issues in the building and construction industry is – How to get paid for the work you have done?
Master Builders is presenting this session in alliance with Jackson McDonald. Our experienced facilitators will be giving you practical guidance and tips on how to manage your claims and the options available, if payment is not made or disputes arise.
This session is a must attend for contractors, subcontractors, residential builders, suppliers and consultants working in the construction industry.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
At the end of the course, learners will be able to understand:
- The claims process under the common construction contracts
- Managing entitlement and presenting claims for variations, extensions of time and delay costs
- Understand your rights and options to get paid for the work you have done
- Know your contract – common dispute resolution provisions
- Rapid adjudication under the Construction Contracts Act (WA) – Get Paid Quick
- How to recover a debt in the Magistrates Court – DIY and save
- Understanding arbitration / expert determination
- They’ve gone under – what now? Understanding the process of administration and liquidation.
DATE: 25 July; 9 Oct; 20 Nov
DURATION: 3 hours
LOCATION: West Perth
DATES: Contact Albany for course details.
DATES: Contact Bunbury for course details.
DATES: Contact Geraldton for course details.