|Master Builders has created the Green Living national training program to provide builders with the knowledge, information and tools to build sustainability options into their construction. Master Builders who complete the 2 days of training and implement sustainable innovations in their operations will be able to exclusively market themselves as a Master Builders Accredited Green Living Builder.
THE AIM OF THE TRAINING IS TO PROVIDE BUILDERS WITH
- The necessary skills to understand the scope and application of the energy provisions in the BCA and broad sustainability innovations (6 Star)
- The skills and ongoing support to enable builders to comply with these provisions
- Improved management and business skills to enable builders to pursue energy innovations
- The necessary tools and information to design and construct energy efficient structures that not only meet minimum standards but set a new benchmark in the housing sector for energy innovation.
- The ability to improve their customer service and business by providing informative advice to clients about sustainable solutions in the design and construction of their dwelling.
Training goes beyond the mandatory provisions required through the BCA or state/territory or local government regulation that, of course, vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The training is aimed and structured to be delivered to businesses in the building and construction industry involved in the residential sector of the markets covering single lot residences, medium sized residential developments, apartments and units.Benefits for the builders
- Access to a marketing brand that will ensure they are recognised and applauded by the community as leaders in pursuing cost effective sustainable outcomes
- Ability to market themselves as a Master Builder Green Living Builder, with an official accreditation number
- Listing on the Master Builder website where customers will be able to search for a Master Builder Green Living Builder
- New skills and knowledge that will enable builders to better meet the demands of regulators and their clients
- More comfortable in offering sustainable solutions to their clients by having access to a range of tools that will enable them to better design and construct dwellings
- Ongoing support to assist builders to acquire and build on their experience and knowledge, particularly builders who are coming off a low base of understanding
BENEFITS FOR CLIENTS
- Clients will have access to builders who are recognized for their leadership in the delivery of high quality sustainable solutions
- Clients will reap the personal and financial rewards of pursuing sustainable options that will make their home more comfortable and efficient
- Project planning
- Passive solar efficient design considerations
- Onsite management – waste management, erosion and sediment control
- Framing and structure – materials selection
- Building envelope – insulation, glazing, materials selection, embodied energy
- Water conservation
- Energy conservation
- Interior fitout – materials selection, embodied energy, indoor air quality
- Business strategy
WHAT WILL BE ASKED OF MASTER BUILDER GREEN LIVING BUILDERS?
Everyone is welcome to complete the course, however Master Builders will accredit members who have completed the course as a Master Builder Green Living Builder once they have adopted sustainable innovations in their normal business operations. As a condition of accreditation a Master Builder Green Living Builder will need to complete the following annual re-accreditation undertakings.
- Submission of a two page annual report (form provided) to Master Builders
- The details and number of Master Builder Green Living projects completed using the checklists issued as part of the course
- The amount of material recycled or diverted from landfill (submit reports obtained from waste disposal contractor or transfer/sorting facility)
- Confine litter, sand, soil, screenings, concrete and chemicals to the building site.
Payment of the appropriate annual re-accreditation fee (currently $95)
- Master Builders may check the accuracy of this information. Those found not to comply may lose their accreditation.
- Please direct your enquiries to the Maser Builders Training Centre 9441 8000 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org